As it’s National Vegetarian Week, I thought I would share my new recipe for spicy roasted cauliflower with almonds.
I’m always looking for new ways to serve vegetables and this spicy roasted cauliflower is a new firm favourite. The humble cauliflower had never been the most exciting vegetable but the spices and roasting in coconut oil totally raise its game! Throw in some almonds to the roasting process and you have a totally delicious vegetable dish.
I am finding myself eating this on a regular basis. Leave out the almonds if you are calorie counting but I urge you to try them as they add a lovely crunchy texture.
This is really easy to prepare. All you need is the following:
- Coconut oil (I used Vita Coco)
- Cauliflower (leaves removed and cut into stalks)
- Cumin seeds
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- handful of blanched almonds
- Melt the coconut oil in the roasting dish
- Toss the cauliflower florets and almonds in the oil
- Sprinkle over some turmeric and cumin seeds
- Season with the salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for 30 -40 minutes or until totally cooked and golden in colour
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?