Nothing says “I like you” like the gift of cupcakes. I saw this funky little cupcake kit in Poundland and thought that it would be ideal for making some super cute Easter cupcakes to give as gifts.
Before you turn up your nose at Poundland, be aware that they do a cracking range of baking equipment and accessories at a fraction of the normal price!The kit contains 24 yellow cases and a range of little chick, egg and bunny flags. I also bought a set of mini fluffy chicks. The price for both? No surprise at £1.00 each.
The recipe for cupcakes is super simple as are the instructions.
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp milk
- 5oz butter (for the icing)
- 10oz icing sugar (for the icing)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence
- Mix in the flour and milk ensuring everything is combined
- Spoon the mixture into the cases making sure to only fill them just over half way
- Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and they spring back to the touch (a skewer should come out clean when inserted)
- Cool on a wire rack. DO NOT start to ice them until they are totally cold or the icing will melt
- Beat together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy
- Add the vanilla extract
- Place the mixture in a piping bag and swirl onto the cupcakes
- Be as creative as you like with the decorations
- Serve and enjoy!
EquipmentArray (  => Cupcake case  => Muffin tray or plain baking tray if you don’t have one  => Piping bag and nozzle  => Decorations (mini chicks, chocolate eggs etc.) )
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?