In Noel’s recipe, he makes large pieces of shortbread which look beautiful. I decided to also make some mini shortbreads using mini Christmas cutters. These make a lovely home- made gift and I even managed to make some into decorations for the Christmas tree by making a little hole in the top with a skewer (you need to reopen the holes when they come out of the oven while they are still soft) My favourite creation was the toppers for the glasses of mulled wine. These made the glasses look really pretty!
The full recipe and instructions are below the video. Thanks to David Kelly for the music!
- 200g Corn flour
- 400g Flour
- 400g Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Mulled Wine Spice
- Place all ingredients into the mixer and combine.
- roll half the mixture into a tube, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the other half
- Cut into festive shapes with cutters
- remove the chilled half from fridge
- Slice and bake for 10-15 minutes @ 180oc/350of/Gas4
- Sprinkle with caster sugar when removed
EquipmentArray (  => Food mixer  => rolling pin  => baking trays )
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?