These pancakes are really easy to make and can be served savoury or sweet. Just add the ingredients of your choice to serve. I recommend ham and cheese for savoury or simply lemon and sugar for a sweet version- exactly how I had them every year when I was growing up
The recipe is really easy. Give it a go- you will be surprised how easy and fun it is!
- 2 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 500mls milk
- some oil and butter for frying (adding a little bit of oil stops the butter from burning
- lemon and sugar to serve (or filling of your choice)
- place the flour and salt in a bowl, add the eggs and gradually beat in the milk until it forms a smooth batter
- add a ladleful to a shallow frying pan and cook until it starts bubbling
- Flip over (you can use a fish slice for this if you aren't brave enough to toss it)
- roll and serve with the lemon and sugar
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?