I have been asked by Wifi Refugees to do the #Surviveon20 challenge. Basically, I have to live for a week on a £20 food and drink budget which is what hundreds of refugees and asylum seekers in NI have to survive on.
To get through the challenge, I have been making lots of cheap and cheerful meals but I have really been craving crisps. I decided to try these healthy baked potato crisps. The trick is getting the potato thin enough. If you have a mandolin then that is ideal. Otherwise try to get them as thin as possible. Bake them on a tray or a mesh for best results.
- spray oil
- seasoning of your choice ( I used smoked paprika)
- thinly slice the potatoes
- soak in water for a few hours, change the water a few times to remove the starch
- pat the slices dry
- Spread on a tray, spray with oil to thoroughly coat.
- Bake in the oven at 175C until coloured and crispy
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with seasoning while still hot
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?