If you are trying to eat healthily but still fancy a sweet treat, this is the perfect dessert for you. It does have a little bit of coconut oil in it but not a lot and coconut oil is officially a superfood- right? It has so many benefits including promoting weight loss, better brain function, skin health and many more. I love it and use it in all sorts of dishes. Along with the coconut oil, The spices really bring the pineapple to life, making it really warming and the coconut in the fromage frais makes it taste really rich and indugent. Whats not to like about that? A healthy dish cleverly masquerading as a naughty treat!
I simply love this dish and its really easy to make. If you want to give it a go ( and you really should) the recipe is below. If you do try it, make sure to let me know how you get on
- 1 fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into wedges)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- a few pinches of grated whole nutmeg (you can also use ground nutmeg)
- 1 tub of low-fat fromage frais
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Mix the coconut into the fromage frais and chill in the fridge
- Mix the lime juice & zest,honey, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Add the pineapple and cook over a high heat for 10 mins or until caramelised (make sure to keep turning the pineapple)
- Pour in the honey cinnamon mixture and allow to simmer for a few minutes and keep ladling the sauce over the pineapple to glaze it.
- Serve with the coconut creme fraiche
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?