As today is National Burger day, I thought I would share this healthy burger alternative with you. Instead of minced steak it uses minced turkey breast which is a much healthier choice. As I love Thai food, I have chosen to include a combination of chilli, ginger, lime and soy which work so well together
I am very aware that most of us have too much red meat in our diet which our bodies find difficult to digest. Using turkey breast mince is an excellent way to satisfy a craving for burgers but in a way that is better for our bodies.
This recipe is now a firm favourite and it’s really easy to make. To try it you will need the following:
- 500g turkey breast mince
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together really well
- use your hands to shape into burger patties
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and mango yoghurt dressing (just mix mango chutney into low fat natural yoghurt)
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?