My good friend Sheena is well known for her fabulous peanut butter and oatmeal cookies. She regularly make them for her work colleagues but as I don’t work with her, I have been denied the pleasure of them until now!
She very kindly donated a batch for a picnic that a group of friends had organised but sadly, she was unable to join.
While we were sad not to have Sheena with us, we were delighted to have her cookies!!
To make Sheena’s cookies, you will need:
- 6oz porridge oats
- 5oz soft brown sugar
- 4floz sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 2 t-spn vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Heat the oven to 170 deg
- Very lightly oil baking trays with some of the sunflower oil
- Put oats, sugar and oil in mixing bowl and stir until combined
- Add beaten egg and vanilla extract, mix well
- Add peanut butter and mix well again
- Place small spoonfuls on baking tray and then lightly press down with back of fork ( they do spread on cooking)
- Cook for about 25 mins – but check half way through as they sometimes need less – should be just a light golden brown colour and slightly soft to touch rather than hard
- Cool for a few mins then and transfer to wire rack to cool completely
EAT! (Particularly nice with a good vanilla ice-cream….mmmmm)
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?