United Wine Merchants is running a promotion in selected stores across Northern Ireland to get this Tapas dish when you buy 2 bottles of Santa Rita 120 wine. It’s a lovely little dish, perfect for serving nibbles, canapés or tapas. Keep an eye out for the promotion next time you are buying wine. In the meantime, you can enter here to win this fabulous prize.
I used mine to serve delicious little cheese and bacon stuffed mushrooms. If you fancy trying them, you can find the recipe, instructions and pictures beneath the competition. The winner will be selected on 23rd April.
To make the cheese and bacon stuffed mushrooms
- carton of mushrooms (keep them small to make them bite size)
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon (rind removed and very finely chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper finely chooped
- 500g carton of passata
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop
- Fry the bacon pepper and mushroom stalks in a pan until cooked
- Add the passata and smoked paprika and simmer for 10 minutes
- Spoon the mixture into the centre of the mushrooms and top with the grated cheese
- bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling
- Insert a cocktail stick into each mushroom and serve in the Santa Rita tapas dish with a delicious glass of Santa Rita
Depending on the size and number of mushrooms, you may have some of the sauce left over. Don’t panic, this will make a delicious pasta sauce or pizza topping!
Santa Rita wines are from Chile and are totally delicious. Check in store for this promotion.
This post is sponsored by United Wine Merchants
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?