I am making a conscious effort to eat less meat and to be honest, I’m not really missing it.
Regular readers will know that I am a massive fan of the humble chickpea. They are cheap, versatile and very tasty. They add a bit of bite to veggie dishes and I think they are delicious. They form the basis for this simple curry, paired with chestnut mushrooms and spinach. I loved the final result. Give it a try and let me know how you get on.
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 400g tin chickpeas (drained)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- large handful of spinach leaves
- fry the shallot
- add the sliced mushrooms and fry
- add the spices and cook through
- add the chickpeas and tomatoes
- Add water if required
- Add the spinach and stir through just before serving
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?