It’s that time of year again when we all start to think about eating more healthy food. The problem is, who wants to miss out on the tasty stuff?
I love pepper sauce but always feel guilty about the cream in it. I decided to try a fat-free version, using my new favourite ingredient, Quark ( a fat-free cream cheese) If you are going to give this a go, treat it very gently as the quark can split if you heat it too rigorously!
- 2 shallots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 stock cube ( beef will give the best flavour but use vegetable if you want to keep it vegetarian)
- 250 mls water
- 5 tbsps Quark (fat-free cream cheese)
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 spray of low cal spray oil
- spray the oil in a non stick pan
- add the shallot & garlic and cook until soft and golden
- add the pepper, stock cube and water
- Bring to a boil and simmer until is is reduced in volume
- remove from the heat and stir in the quark a spoonful at a time until smooth and creamy
- Gently reheat, taking care not to split the mixture
- Serve and enjoy
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?