If you don’t like cake, don’t read any further. If you do though, this could be just the cake for you! I have made a few marble cakes in my time and thought that I would try this one using chocolate and raspberries. Im really pleased with the result, with an occasional bite of raspberry! Give it a try and let me know how you get on.
- 225g very soft butter, plus extra for greasing
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50g raspberries
- 85g chocolate
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Line a 2lb baking tin
- Beat the butter and sugar together
- add the eggs and flour
- Split the mixture into two bowls, stir the cocoa powder into milk and add to one
- Squash the raspberries and beat into the other.
- Spoon alternate dollops of the mixture into the cake tin, then use a skewer to create a marble pattern by dragging it through the mixture in swirls.
- Bake the cake for 45 – 55 mins until golden and risen, and a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin to cool, then turn out.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over barely simmering water or gently in the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate into a plastic food bad and snip off the corner. This makes a simple piping bag to drizzle the chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?