Peanut butter is one of my favourite foods ever. I rarely buy it to stop myself from eating too much but when I do, I like to remind myself that it really is very healthy! Here are my top five reasons to to justify cooking with peanut butter. Hopefully they will convince you too!
- It is full of protein that keeps you feeling full for longer
- It has lots of fibre which will keep you regular
- It contains plenty of potassium which helps lower the risk of blood pressure, strokes and heart disease
- It has lots of vitamin E which is a powerful anti-oxidant
- It is a good source of vitamin B3 that supports your metabolism
Once you have bought into the sheer brilliance of peanut butter you will definitely want to try these indulgent peanut butter and chocolate brownies. What a combination and what a taste. I guarantee, one won’t be enough but try not to scoff the lot!
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 275g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?