Peanut butter is one of my favourite foods ever. I rarely buy it to stop myself from eating too much but when I do, I like to remind myself that it really is very healthy! Here are my top five reasons to to justify cooking with peanut butter. Hopefully they will convince you too!
- It is full of protein that keeps you feeling full for longer
- It has lots of fibre which will keep you regular
- It contains plenty of potassium which helps lower the risk of blood pressure, strokes and heart disease
- It has lots of vitamin E which is a powerful anti-oxidant
- It is a good source of vitamin B3 that supports your metabolism
Once you have bought into the sheer brilliance of peanut butter you will definitely want to try these indulgent peanut butter and chocolate brownies. What a combination and what a taste. I guarantee, one won’t be enough but try not to scoff the lot!
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 275g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- preheat the oven to 180C
- set aside 50g of both the peanut butter and the chocolate
- Grease and line a deep baking tray
- place the remaining chocolate and peanut butter in a pan with the sugar and heat until melted
- remove from the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure that they don't curdle
- Stir in the flour
- Pour the mixture into the tin
- melt the peanut butter in the microwave until it is runny
- drizzle it over the mixture
- bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until it starts to form a crust but is undercooked in the middle
- cool in the tin and cut into squares
- melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the brownies
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?