Usually when I make starters, they end up being very filling. Melon on its own feels like a bit of a cop out, with no effort required so this is a great compromise. I love this starter as it is really tasty but doesn’t ruin the appetite for the main course. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Just click on the tabs above for the recipe and instructions.
- 1 melon
- 8 slices of parma ham
- 6 tbsps sherry
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- rocket or spinach leaves to serve
- Cut the melon in half and remove all the seeds
- cut each half into 4 slices
- Carefully remove the melon slices away from the skin
- lay the leaves on 4 plates
- wrap each slice of melon in a slice of parma ham and arrange two on each plate
- place the sherry, balsamic and honey in a small pan and bring to a low simmer
- keep simmering until the mixture has reduced to a thick sticky consistency
- drizzle the reduction over each serving
- serve and enjoy!
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?