Who needs a reason when they are so delicious but the fact is that they are really good for us! I love avocado in a salad and it is pretty awesome in guacamole too. I find it rare that good tasting foods are also healthy and for that I celebrate the avocado.
Here are some top reasons for eating avocados:
- They can help prevent various forms of cancer
- They are the best fruit source of vitamin E
- They are a good source of antioxidants
- They help absorb nutrients
- They contain high levels of folate which can help prevent strokes
- They can help lower cholesterol
- They taste really good
This simple recipe for guacamole tastes fantastic. Once you try home-made, you will never eat the shop bought stuff again. Its fabulous with chilli or chicken fajitas but its also perfect just as a dip with some crudites and tortillas.
To make it you will need :
Ingredients for Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½-fresh red chilli
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of a lime
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Peel and stone the avocado
- Roughly chop the flesh and place in a bowl
- Chop and add the tomatoes along with the chilli and coriander
Add the lime juice and mix it all together
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?