I love peanut butter- so much so that I have to ration myself buying it! I use it in lots of recipes, satay, cookies, brownies and more but always feel a little bit guilty because of the high calories. I decided to try making my own version with just one ingredient- peanuts! ( I used a little bit of salt to season but you don’t have to)
I was determined not to add any additional oil to make it as healthy as possible. This was a challenge as it seemed as if it would never come together. I was tempted to give up but kept going . The food processor was getting very overheated but it was worth it for that moment when the magic happened and the peanuts became peanut butter!
If you are looking for some ideas for what to make with peanut butter- why not try these:
- peanuts (raw, unsalted)
- Salt (to taste)
- pre-heat the oven to 180C
- spread the peanuts across a baking tray
- Roast in the oven until starting to turn golden
- Place in a food processor and start to blitz
- It will seem as if the mixture will never come together. You can give up and add a little bit of oil but if you keep going it will eventually come together
- Add some salt to season
EquipmentArray (  => baking tray  => food processer  => glass jars or similar )
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?