I am a massive fan of Thai flavours and satay in particular. This Beef Satay dish is a firm favourite and tastes delicious. It’s surprisingly easy to make. Satay dishes usually use peanut butter but I have swapped this for almond butter as it think it just has the edge health wise! Here are some reasons why:
- Almond butter has higher levels of monounsaturated fat
- It has four times more vitamin A than peanut butter
- It contains more magnesium
- It has higher levels of fibre
- It contains more iron
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE peanut butter but if this simple switch can make the dish more healthy, then I am all for it. Similarly, I have opted to serve it with Cauliflower rice for a lighter option.
Do give it a try and let me know how you get on. I love it and I think you will too!
- 2 lbs stewing steak, cubed
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- zest of half a lime
- Juice of a lime
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp & 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 3 heaped tblsps almond butter
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced to garnish
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?