So the weather has turned cold and now its time to revert to more comforting recipes.
To my mind, you just can’t beat the warmth and comfort of a good pie, particularly if its topped with potato as I am not the biggest fan of pastry.
I often experiment with pies, chucking in whatever ingredients are in the fridge and cupboard and hope for the best.
Obviously, this approach is a bit hit and miss with some outcomes a great success and others less so!
I have to say that this pie was one of my better ideas, and was a great hit when I served it
It’s really very easy to make!
All you need to do is:
- Fry an onion and half a clove of finely chopped garli
- Add half a finely sliced red pepper
- Add plenty of sliced button mushrooms and a small tin of drained sweetcorn
- Stir in 2 heaped tablespoons of Philadephia cream cheese and simmer
- Add pieces of cooked chicken to the sauce
- Pour into a heatproof dish and top with enough mashed potato to cover the mix
- Scatter with grated cheddar cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbling
Serve with your choice of vegetables and enjoy
The pie prepped and ready for the oven
an individual serving of the pie
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?