I’m constantly trying to introduce more meat-free dishes into my diet. I decided to try using Moroccan spices with mushrooms and was delighted with the results!
This recipe for Moroccan mushrooms is really easy to make and super healthy too. I used some dried apricots from Forest Feast and the sweetness of them worked really well with the spices. I will definitely be making this again.
If you do decide to give it a try, make sure to comment to let me know how you got on! I really hope you like it!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 300g mushrooms (mixture of white and chestnut button)
- 1 Shallot (peeled & finely chopped)
- 50g dried apricots
- 1 400g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp Ras El Hanout
- 1 500g carton of passata
- Zest of a lime
- Juice of half a lime
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the spices and cook through
- Add the shallots and fry
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry
- Add the chickpeas, apricots and passata and bring to a simmer
- Simmer for 20 minutes then serve with rice or baked potatoes
If you like mushrooms, try these other mushroom recipes from Eating Ideas
What Do You Think?
Recommend this content to other Eating Ideas readers by giving it a thumbs up!
Or why not tell us what you think by leaving a comment?